View Single Post
Old 10-19-22, 08:44 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai
45NRTH offers quite a few, but 45NRTH is just QBP, which is also Surly, and their tires are secretly Innova tires, which were once rightly regarded as cheap garbage before they slapped trendy 45NRTH stickers on them and started selling them for a LOT more money than Innova could ever fetch.
You must be kidding. I have 45NRTH Dillinger4 tires I got in Jan '17, they have lasted with years of heavy use. They perform great on pavement and on snow ... and bare ice.

Originally Posted by Banzai
How many fatbikes now sit disused in garages, as the cycling world has moved on? What a weird, crazy time period that was. My own fatbike (which really only sees winter use, because it is not particularly enjoyable to ride) is rapidly reaching the point of parts obsolescence. As things suffer the rigors of winter, finding replacements is becoming more and more difficult.
How many bikes now sit disused in garages ? You know that most folks own a bike that only get used once a summer or less. This isn't a fatbike thing, it is a bike thing. My 2015 Pugsley has over 9,000 miles on it, it's a great bike. The issue finding parts (or whole bikes) over the last 2-1/2 years has impacted every type of bike. The road bike I bought in 2021 took 6 months to deliver, prior to the pandemic, I'd have brought the bike home the same day I walked into the shop.

I feel like somebody needs to ask "who hurt you?" ... you don't like fatbikes, that's cool, you do you. But fatbikes have a solid core of folks that value those tires for allowing them to ride places no 'normal tires' can handle. And this Toad is one of that kinda rider. (and this thread has made it clear, I'm not alone).
Likes For Hypno Toad: