View Single Post
Old 10-20-22, 05:17 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
The forum owners have found that the trending page increases engagement so it's here to stay. Turning it off was supposed to be a user option that didn't get implemented before the rollout. That's in the works.

Shots fired

I have deleted a couple hundred of the threads and banned the people that posted them and other mods have done the same. I would call that a corrective action. Not sure what else we can do since they aren't posting links. The site owners are working on a tech fix for it, but that isn't instantaneous. Those of us deleting the threads aren't paid and have other things to do than sit around and ban spammers all day.
These guys will eventually get tired of spamming this forum since their posts only stay up a few hours at the most and are gone in the minute if one of us is watching.

Gotta say, I'm pretty sure the main effect of the format change is to make your job harder. I also think we owe the mods a sincere thanks for dealing with the new call girl spambot attacks. It seems to be a pretty sophisticated system of getting around the 5 post limit by automating the creation of new accounts and posting five different posts on the same account. Cleaning it up "by hand" has got to be a dreary task, and you guys are literally doing better with it than anyone would fairly expect, especially when you aren't being paid.
Likes For livedarklions: