Old 10-21-22, 01:26 PM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,804 Times in 656 Posts
Originally Posted by fender1
Maybe just list the stuff you want to sell with info and prices? It would seem a lot less scammy.......
Did you just call me "Scammy??"

I don't make a dime off of these. Usually I'm in the biz of giving stuff away.

I donate my time at this co-op, teaching others who to work on their bikes while building bikes to sell to pay the rent, and allow us to donate bikes to those in need.

I also keep a look out for parts I've heard people on this list need. But, this isn't a mail order bike shop. Its goal is to teach others, provide stand and tools and parts as needed.

We were shut down during covid. Luckily the garage next door became available to store donations that kept flowing in.

The vintage bike frames just sit there. Most collectors want a complete bike. Last time someone built a vintage to sell, we heard it all:
"why is there a Tange headset on this Italian bike?
"why is there a Specialized seat on this?"
"These are the wrong pedal caps for campy. They are from a sugino!!"

No idea what you mean by scammy. I'm trying to make room for new frames. They asked me to cut them up to take to the metal recycler, instead I posted that these were cheap and if anybody wanted to further the conversation, they should message me.

Heck, I'm even going out of my way to meet-up with a fellow C&V fellow to make sure the DAWES frame and fork is worth the $75 the shop is asking.

I will ask for you to apologize kind sir.
Likes For Robvolz: