Old 10-24-22, 09:36 PM
syckman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Paintking
What makes you think it's not a 912? Shimano 600 Arabesque group looks about right. I'd say a 1982 or slightly earlier, relatively top end Miyata if not a 912.
At the time of my post last week, I wasn't familiar with Miyata's (or vintage bikes in general) so in googling 912's, all the ones I've seen had decals on the top tube whereas this did not. Turns on only mid/late 912's had them, earlier models like this 1980 version did not - my bad.

Anyways, I actually bought the bike - worked on it all weekend and went on a 25 mile ride today. Took apart everything except crankset/bottom bracket which feel/sound fine (don't have the tools yet) and installed new chain & shift/brake cables - frame was in decent shape, components full of surface rust but after a vinegar soak, looks great now - just waiting for new handlebar tape and water bottle cage and I'll make a post on it.

Here's a pix of the bike when I bought it (disregard the different front wheel - came off another bike I bought the day before):

Last edited by syckman; 10-25-22 at 08:04 AM.
Likes For syckman: