Old 11-01-22, 08:25 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3429 Post(s)
Liked 2,817 Times in 1,717 Posts
Originally Posted by Rooney
I ordered the two pairs of hoods. I'm deciding between red cotton tape or maroon/burgundy. Or maybe red with a couple coats of amber shellac for something between the two. The bottle cage is a bit loose where the tubing attaches to the body so we'll see how long it lasts. As far as I know, the stem is original, says Cinelli on the top. The bike also came with an extra 3T stem of the same period.

Pulled the bottom bracket apart today to clean and grease things. It spun so smoothly before that; I doubt I needed to open it up. The fixed cup wasn't budging, so I left it in during the overhaul. The cranks spin just as well as before. I degunked the chainrings, crank arms, and front and rear derailleurs, and finally the freewheel. Threw on a chain I had laying around and got the derailleurs shifting again. The old brittle tubulars are off. The rims will need to be cleaned and the wheels trued before new tires can go on. The headset still needs an overhaul but that's tomorrow work. The pedals could probably also use overhauls, and the brake calipers still need to be cleaned. I guess its time to order some brake housing as well.
Pretty soon you'll be riding a piece of history...