View Single Post
Old 11-01-22, 11:17 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked 838 Times in 406 Posts
Good points, above, which give you a series of "action steps." First, get doc's opinion on whether this is a possibility with two years of prep. If yes, then define what you are prepping for, such as "I will need to spend 7 hours a day in the saddle for five days a week for seven weeks." The group will set this trip's particular parameters, but you've got to be *at least* better than the weakest member of the group - you cannot be "the problem child.". Then you have your defined goal, and you must decide whether or not you like LOVE the goal. You'd better really love it because you have more significant obstacles to overcome with these existing injuries. I like the "go cheap, get good, then buy the solution bike when you've thought a lot about it." Note, however, that you're looking at easily 500 hours of training over the two years, so I wouldn't go too cheap. The training bike must be one you love to mount every day, 'cause that's what you're gonna be doing. Sell that one when you select the touring bike. And start thinking about your approach to off-season training.