Old 11-06-22, 11:03 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by cinelliguy
Before this exchange, I had never noticed the needing to heat to unscrew a bolt/screw etc in order to loosen. Here is a quote pulled from the Loctite website.or

"PERMANENT FIX: Permanent seal prevents tampering and is only removable once cured by heating parts up to 500°F (260°C)"

I use is because it helps prevent loosening under high heat conditions. Me...still learning stuff. Thanks guys.
Also keep in mind that all the compounds require and rely on near laboratory conditions for the purported effectiveness.

Application and operating temperature, perfectly clean threads, no oil, moisture, residue of any kind on or in any of the threads and strict adherence to torque specs.

And yet still as noted above, the Italian cup and many other may still go rogue at anytime despite our best efforts.

Still have never needed the hot wrench for any fastener that was only being held with threadlocker, nothing truly "Permanent" with 10's of 1000's of nuts and bolts IME.
Likes For merziac: