www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
Go team fenders.
Rob, if that's the way you feel, why did you start this thread that suggests the opposite? Or, for that matter, the other similar, copycat threads that lead with some kind of vague rant that tends to agitate up a fairly petty debate?

We all have different preferences and sometimes like form over function. Yes, we all have our grievances with certain engineering decisions or stylistic choices, and that's fine for each of us to have these preferences - so long as we don't needlessly kick dirt into the contrary preferences of others for no clear reason. There's no reason to start discussions by stoking the boiler of divisiveness, and it's downright cowardly to go all moderate and somewhat apologetic when the heat mounts - which seems to be your MO. That's not something you do to friends or like-minded acquaintances (unless you're a politician).

You've been very charitable with this forum, I'll admit, but that doesn't give you a license to play with everyone's emotions or artfully stretch the rules as you have done recently in the sales forum.

I must hand it to this group for keeping it civil in a number of these threads, if not clearly trying to dial down the potential for this or any of your prior threads to become another cut-throat Rivendell thread.

P.S.: Just to keep this on topic...some fenders from my junk, both hammered and otherwise, and one set that I bought from France only for La Poste to completely lose it the moment it was dropped off (still in a cordial debate with the seller over it).

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 11-09-22 at 07:55 PM.
Likes For cudak888: