View Single Post
Old 11-10-22, 10:32 AM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 290 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredo76
Maybe you would. I didn't when I bought a similar one. Mine works great. What are you betting? You'd likely lose...

Not picking on you BTW, the whole thread is full of prejudice...

Maybe brands are for FOOLS!

Flame away, all y'all!!!
Since you say you're not picking on me -
I've been burned twice this month buying made in China/sold by Chinese distributor stuff. With the first, the item had a picture which showed 2 items and the description said 2 items. What I got was not 2 of the items, but one of the items and a little trinket. The description of the item was also inaccurate making false claims about the features. I was able to get my money back, but it still involved a bit of my time and some annoyance on my part.
The second was for a too good to be true price and the item never showed up. I was able to get my money back on that also, but it took a lot of patience and persistence to get my refund.

I also own some made in China stuff that were killer deals that I'm very happy with. It's been my experience that if the description has errors and makes inconsistent claims and pictures don't match you're likely going to be dissapointed.

Strangely enough, I recently bought a couple of things from Aliexpress for unbelievably low prices that I'm extremely happy with. I'm not completely against buying made in China stuff, but when the pictures don't match the description...
Likes For mtnbud: