Old 11-13-22, 07:26 AM
Senathon

Bikes: Posiden X for Practice, Need one for road and light gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Greetings!

I am a computer geek that was a distance runner for 20 years (since junior high). I had to stop running because I blew my knee out at a marathon(completed it). I went into a stagnant period of no exercise and gained weight. I lost the weight the hard way (ER surgery) and now lost 20% of my muscle mass and now have issues with endurance and hydration. My doctor is kicking me in the butt to rebuild my body with some exercise otherwise I am going to have more health issues.

So I am taking up cycling because I used to bike to all my races(easily 15 to 20 miles) and it is not hard on my knee. I am starting with an indoor training bike(chosen a Poseidon x) to build up my endurance and muscle mass.

The roading I am dealing with is mostly flat roads with some abandoned roads, but I have to also deal directly with 3/4 miles(both ways) of light gravel/impacted dirt every day. So I planning to upgrade in a year to a better bike (maybe Trek Domane or Canyon Grail).

I am also interested in being a bike mechanic assistant(volunteer) for some races. My computer geek personality likes fixings things..