Old 11-15-22, 12:01 PM
peterws

Bikes: Carrera Virtuoso and friend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
Can't really tell by looking at it so I'll defer to the experts above but what about the weight? I have a small selection of steel bikes and none of them are grail worthy but the lowest quality bike weighs a ton. it's too bad because I really like the bike as a go-to bike for groceries, or casual ride with the missus to get a coffee but when I take it out for a longer stretch, it's like riding through water. Everything else works fine on it but it feels like I'm hauling a trailer full of rocks.
I know what you mean. The frame of the road bikes are both aluminium with steel forks. With that "extra gel" seat cover, yeah, it'll weigh plenty but I never noticed. I did however, have to get back from a 5 miler quickly (it was sluicing down) and the thing (blue one) just flew. Loved it!
I think, as has been mentioned, the eight evenly spaced gears suit me during such occasions wheras the more widely spaced seven rear sprocket is not something I'm fond of.
I've decided, having bought in error, that the white one will be sold on. I'd rather spend money mainaining my existing. It's gotta be worth it.