Old 11-18-22, 03:23 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5772 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I was asking out of curiosity, and because some bf'ers might benefit from the info. I would not, under any circumstances, advise the OP to threaten the frame builder...You know, tell him "Fix my problem or I'll trash you on the internet." That's never the way to deal with such things.
The threat doesn't have to be, and shouldn't be stated. However, in the age of the internet. It's implicit.

OTOH implicit threats cut both ways. Until and unless the OP is sure of his position, naming the maker can put him at risk.

I agree that threatening someone with bad PR in order to coerce them is tantamount to extortion. However, there's, no foul in simply reminding people they live in a goldfish bowl.

Despite seemingly not caring about quality, the builder may be very concerned about brand image. He may be motivated to avoid bad PR, but once the genie is out of the bottle, he has nothing to gain by resolving this problem.

For example, the OP might send the builder a link to this thread. In doing so, he can state that he's kept the maker's out of it out of respect, but will post the outcome once there's closure.

Last edited by FBinNY; 11-18-22 at 08:22 PM.
Likes For FBinNY: