Old 11-18-22, 03:26 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
No. I can imagine an insanely wealthy person acting with a sense of unjustified entitlement. This is a higher order thought process.

What I said was irrational violent anti-social behavior. which is a base level, emotional response to cumulative stresses.

Fake-rich consumed by stress of balancing "it all" & the poverty stricken worn down by a constant stream of no-win decisions both respond with the same bursts of irrational animal behavior.

How is this new? Been a human on planet Earth long?
Since you are so convinced I made this up, give this a listen:
Hidden Brain.

You seriously think the scarcity they are referring to is just which model of car or other status trappings? "Scarcity" can refer to anything one wants more of. You can be insanely wealthy and be power hungry, and that leads to all sort of anti-social aggressive behavior.

If you're expecting people to buy into this notion that the rich are somehow less prone to irrational aggression, you're going to have to do a lot better than that. You obviously half-understand the concept you're throwing around here, and acting like it's a logical deduction that someone with x model of Jaguar is more prone to aggression than someone with y model of Jaguar. That's absurd. You don't suddenly become immune to status consciousness at some level of wealth, it could actually be argued that the pressures to maintain status might actually be more intense with the high visibility that great wealth brings.
Likes For livedarklions: