View Single Post
Old 11-21-22, 07:37 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18403 Post(s)
Liked 15,495 Times in 7,317 Posts
Depending on where I am, I might toss my paniers in my tent and put things like my stove out of sight under the fly if I leave my site for an extended period. (E,g,, not simply to shower.) That often happens with the bike, so that is not a concern. Thing is, a lot of times there are things left out at other sites that a far more valuable than my cooking gear. For example, ever see what a Yeti cooler costs?

I have told this story before, but the only time someone attempted to steal anything from me was in DuBois, WY. Stupidly left the stove out at the tenting area of a private campground. That area was not secure and was right along a road leading to some sort of housing development. Car stopped in broad daylight. Passenger got out and started to climb the low, post rail fence. Fortunately, I was outside the laundry room and saw everything. When I got up and started walking quickly towards my tent, the kid made a bee line back to the car and the two sped off. Not even sure why the stove was out. The night before I camped at a primitive site. It may have been that I didn't do dishes that night due to limited water supply and had done them when I got to DuBois that day.