View Single Post
Old 11-28-22, 03:27 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1,163 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
I would've loved me a dual sport type of thing. I would've added a good suspension seat post to make it perfect. But when I went to the local Trek dealer with the intention of buying one, they said I probably might reconsider if I actually sat on one. Being just 5'3"/160cm, I quickly realized that there was no way I could deal with the extremely long reach, even on the smallest-size frame! So that was that. Why Trek designed the DS like that, with a longer reach than most of their mountain bikes, is beyond me.
I share this minority (here on teh Biek Formz) taste for dual-sport types of things (stop laughing, you in the back).

I like one of the common Euro terms for these: 'cross bike' ('cross' as in cross-terrain, not cyclocross). Anyway ... I am sorely tempted by the bike linked below, especially given a recent price reduction that makes it almost affordable in $Cdn (after GST, and our bloody 13% import duty on complete bikes).

Hmmmm ... perfect for a beginner like me, who knows nothing about bikes and doesn't know any better (I've learnt this about myself while reading through this thread).
https://www.canyon.com/en-ca/hybrid-...rahmenfarbe=BK