View Single Post
Old 11-29-22, 12:29 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I was trying to make a bit of a joke. This is getting far too serious.

My previous comment about early hybrids being mediocre (low to mid priced) bikes for mediocre (casual) riders was a generalization based on what I've seen over many years with the riders that tend to buy that type of bike, as well as how the bikes are marketed. There will always be exceptions to generalizations. Indyfabz' riding partner is a good example of an exception. I suspect you are, too. I don't know much about how you ride, but since you are a regular and long-term member of this site, it's pretty likely you aren't the average casual recreational rider.

Sorry, but that kind of "joke" actually raises the "seriousness" rather than diffuses it--I wasn't disagreeing with him being an exceptional rider, everything indy said about him indicated he was an excellent climber. I was merely pointing out the (to me) obvious reason he was using the bike he was.

TBH, I am not fond of generalizations that label a bunch of people as mediocre. Basically, that's already fighting words.