Old 11-30-22, 03:16 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20805 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize2
All this trainer talk is making me crave some stroopwaffel, camera, and knife talk.
How about shop talk?

I snagged a Veritas low angle block plane during the Lee Valley seconds sale a month ago. Nice little thing.

I picked up a Rikon benchtop band saw a few weeks ago. Menards had it $100 cheaper than everyone else and they had an 11% mail in rebate on top of that, so I couldn't resist. It's small, but not a toy - it'll give me the ability to cut some curves and re-saw up to 5" stock, which will be nice for some boxes, among other things.

I also had an adventure with the planer that I bought during black Friday last year. Turns out it had a problem and the manufacturer had issued a soft recall that I was unaware of. I found out about it once I noticed the problem and went searching online to remedy it. In the end, I returned if for the full purchase price and the dealer, Woodcraft, gave me 15% off of a replacement. I'm really happy with the replacement - it's a essentially the same chassis as the planer that I'd returned, but it has a factory-standard Byrd Shelix head and a Wixey digital readout - both are excellent (a problem with the cutter head of the previous machine was the reason for the recall - the Byrd head is leagues better).

Last edited by WhyFi; 11-30-22 at 03:20 PM.
Likes For WhyFi: