View Single Post
Old 12-01-22, 04:53 AM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Herzlos
Not at all. I'm saying that to the self determined "serious cyclist", hybrids are somehow not serious, and the worst choice for most cases. The worst choice thing is sort of fair - a proper mountain bike is better off road, and a proper road bike is better on the road, but a hybrid will be better off road than a road bike and better on the road than a mountain bike.

Our local cycling org ride leader switches between a road bike and hybrid based on the ride length, and he certainly racks up more miles than I do in my car.
Exactly (or roughly should be good enough) how much experience riding hybrids of any kind would you claim to have had? I'm asking because for you to say that "hybrids are somehow not serious, and the worst choice for most cases" is making assumptions about a lot of riders you don't know, never met, and know nothing about. Has it occurred to you that there are millions of riders of hybrids who ride them because they are serious about their own particular type of riding, and that the hybrids they ride are the best choice for them in most cases?
Likes For sjanzeir: