View Single Post
Old 12-01-22, 12:46 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2725 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 781 Posts
Ive ridden on lots of dirt roads in Mexico, and some (most) have a good enough surface, some though I was really, really glad to have 2in wide tires that make it so much easier riding over soft, loose or very rocky surfaces.
As your bike has 35mm tires, it probably will be ok on dirt roads, but it could sometimes be a bit of a pain in the derriere.
Hey, by the way, what bike is it?

I have passed through a number of protest roadblocks without any issues, they clearly saw that I was a foreigner traveling by bike, and they were not trying to rob people, so with a smile I was let through. The worse case scenario stuff is (hopefully) just that, worst case scenario. This is why it is prudent for you to read about the areas you are planning to bike through, just to hopefully get some insight into RECENT patterns, problems, reports of thieves targeting travelers, that sort of thing.

I really do hope that you have done some research. I realize that reading in English might be tiring and slow, I know when I read things in French I have to take so much more time than in English, so I get it. And probably the vast majority of trip journals are in English.

It will take a little while to get used to things, that is part of an adventure.
Just be very careful, observant, and don't flash money or an expensive camera or cell phone -- pretty basic common sense stuff.
Being alone, if you do want to visit any archeological sites, perhaps look into the possibility of being able to go on a day off when you can leave your bicycle and most stuff in a hotel room and go by bus or something to a site.