View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 10:33 AM
etlo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
we have the weehoo on our tandem. but its the older one and does not have as much curve on the main bar so I would've to take off my wife's suspension seat spot for a regular one to use it to get it high enough. but with my wife shoulder replacement the roughness without it makes her shoulder really sore.. Plus I could not use bags because it would rub the rack. I saw this on another fellows tandem and made my own. I need to put a shorter pipe on I was not sure how it would work til lI built it at my shop and brought it home. the only thing I goofed up on Is the bottom plate needed two rounded corers as it hit the lower struts. a shorter pipe and maybe I will paint it black. I wish I could make it removable but I just don't want to work about the clamp system slipping if it moves when I put it back on. I also used silicone adhesive to help lock it in place.
I love this setup! I am considering setting up something similar to this on my wife's bike. Can you share any additional photos or insight on this approach? Her rack is an Axiom Journey which has a high weight capacity, but my concern is mostly on whether or not the struts can handle the forces pulling back on them/the rack.