Old 12-02-22, 03:35 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4482 Post(s)
Liked 6,256 Times in 3,615 Posts
Originally Posted by EjustE
I hear ya. And this really is an experiment to see a. how he likes riding a road bike and b. to get him learning to fix a bike, the components of a bike and how a bike needs to be to work properly. Now if he likes it, and wants to do more down the road, in a year or so he will be able to graduate to a 650B wheel road bike that is easier to find in high quality steel.
Great thinking IMO, if this BSO style gets him going then he will likely be in for a penny, in for a pound.

My son was already all in on bikes but low skill working on them as he hadn't been able to sit still for it until we tore down a Raleigh Super Course I found, down to the bare frame and frame saver. He did all the bearings and fussy cleaning of every single part without any hesitation.

Fantastic experience, outcome and all else as I had always been a bit sad that I hadn't buckled down and worked more with him on this but finally got there.
Likes For merziac: