Old 12-02-22, 09:47 PM
matt92037

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
100% agree. Most shoes are way to narrow for me and shimano’s wide offerings are a joke. I also went with 238W’s and just picked up a wide pair of Lake 168 Enduros for MTB. The fact that Lake publishes the measurements for all their shoes it makes purchasing different models on different lasts a cinch.

Originally Posted by AnthonyE
Currently have 3 pairs. 2 Road shoes using SPD-SL which is by far the best system for road. And 1 "gravel" shoe using SPD. I only use 1 of the road shoes, Lake CX238 as my feet are very wide. My gravel shoe is far too narrow, they are the Pearl Izumi Gravel X. I wanted to love them as they are pretty light weight and have a very stiff sole. But my feet don't cooperate with them. Unfortunately I don't have any local bike shops to try shoes on therefore struggle to find shoes that fit. I'm not sure why more shoe companies don't do what Lake does and give dimensions of their shoes. I'm personally of the opinion that cycling shoes are all way too narrow. I have wide feet but I can't imagine the majority of cyclists have the super narrow feet some of these companies are designing their shoes around. Numb feet might be the most common and worst feeling on bike.