Old 12-05-22, 08:43 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
Tis the season-pls pick up your kid's new bike.......

I mean, literally, if you're thinking of buying your child a bike, pick it up and feel how heavy (or light) it may be. My wife and I were out shopping in one of the big box stores. We were walking past the bikes and noticed the frame tubes looked kind of large. Now, our own bikes aren't anything special, but are decent, name branded bikes from bike shops. Out of curiosity, we picked up a kid's bike to judge how much it might weigh. What a surprise! The kid's bikes felt significantly heavier than our adult mountain bikes, which aren't light! So, if you're thinking of a bike for the kiddo, pick it up to see how much it weighs. Could you imagine riding a bike that was just a little less than your body weight! Now we know kids grow like weeds, so they'll outgrow it, but maybe check out a bike store for a used (or new) bike which will be better made, and much lighter. Could also shop some of the online bike shops-will be better than what is sold in big box stores. Just one example: Hot New Bikes For Kids and Small Riders Save Up to 63% Off +FREE SHIP 48 (bikesdirect.com)

Last edited by freeranger; 12-05-22 at 09:06 AM.