Old 12-05-22, 11:23 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 7,286 Times in 2,942 Posts
Originally Posted by Lombard
Well it's been a good run, but lately I've had some issues with pain in my right sit bone.
Did you upgrade your iPhone? Get a new seat bag? How about different tire levers? Carrying an extra tube with you? Steve Hogg thinks all of those things can affect your fit:

While I stand half naked in front of a mirror, Hogg repeatedly asks me to perform a simple muscle-resistance test—the details of which he says are proprietary and asks me not to reveal—whereby he places, one by one, the individual contents of my saddlebag at my feet. I "pass" the resistance test when he puts the empty saddlebag and then one of the tubes near me. After I fail the test when he places the second tube before me, Hogg picks it up with one hand and sweeps the magnet over it with the other. Hogg tells me he's changing the tube's polarity, then puts it at my feet again and digs his fingers into my sides. His hands come to rest on the top of my hipbones. They still aren't level.

We go through a similar process with my tire levers, and when my hips remain cockeyed, Hogg walks the levers across the shop and comes back carrying ones that he sells. He places them at my feet. His levers aren't notable, but Hogg insists that some things are to cyclists what kryptonite is to Superman, and even a change of polarity won't help. He suggests exorcising such offending objects.

He then administers the simple muscle-resistance test again. I pass it.
The Heretic Will See You Now - Bicycling Magazine
Likes For tomato coupe: