Thread: Letting go.....
View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 03:13 PM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
While going over my parts for current builds I came to the conclusion that the "herd" has reached critical mass...... again. I'm trying to decide what bikes to complete and what ones to cut loose and with only a few exceptions it has been hard. Very hard. I need to reduce the "accumulation" by at least half. I have framesets I have nearly all the pieces for, do I finish them to see if I like the ride or do I cut them loose unfinished? Others are complete just needing rebuilt but are they worth rebuilding only to find I don't like them? Besides all being tall frames and hard to sell anyway the local vintage bike market is all but non-existent right now.

It's not that I've lost interest in any of them, I haven't. That's what makes it so tough. I just have more than I can realistically finish. Something has gotta go, but what?
I hear you. I have more bikes than I can ride, more projects than I can complete, and other things upon which I need to focus. I am probably going to give away most of them.