View Single Post
Old 12-06-22, 07:35 AM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbobcat
There was nothing odd about the geometry of the Pilot, certainly when compared to the Specialized Roubaix. I started working for a Trek/Specialized dealer in 2008, and wrenching full-time around 2010. We saw very few Pilots coming in for tune-ups or warranty claims. Next to the hype around the Roubaix, it's easy to guess why they weren't a big seller. One regular member of our Saturday group ride had one. He eventually retired it for a Domane.
The Pilot (eventually replaced by the Domaine), Roubaix and Synapse are all road bikes with a more upright geometry a.k.a. endurance bikes. These are the only types of road bikes I could ever ride as I have spinal issues that prevent me from being able to be comfortable on an aggressive "race bike". As you said, nothing odd about their geometry. I know a couple who each have a Pilot and they are still riding them, though they are more casual riders than I am. I immediately noticed a difference in lateral frame stiffness between my 2007 Pilot 5.0 and 2014 Synapse Carbon.