inaminit

Bikes: They seem to be breeding

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
As a kid:
- a hand me down speedwell cruiser from my cousin
- a black bmx with yellow tuff wheels (cant remember the brand)
Road bikes:
- about 13years a yellow 10 spd speedwell (I think)
- about 15 years, a black 12 speed riccardo
- early 20's, red Giant kronos
- mid 30's, Lemond Tourmalet
- late 30's to mid 40's, Avanti Quantum Team. Bottom bracket cracked and was replaced under warranty with another newer Avanti Quantum Team frame. That from snapped a seat stay, and was replaced under warranty with another Avanti Quantum Team. This time it was replaced with a Pure Black Racing Team Avanti Quantum team frame.
- The seat stays on the PBR Team frame snapped in the flight over to my dream Italian cycling holiday (I wont include the hire bikes I had to ride in Italy)
- the insurance payout from the PBR frame helped me fund my dream bike at the time, a Wilier Zero7
- cracked the zero 7 frame after crashing it on the descent off willunga hill chasing team UAE down the mountain after watching the mountain top finish at Tour Down under 3 years ago.
- then bought a scott addict rc15 which so far, I haven't crashed, cracked or otherwise stuffed and still ride today.
- in the past 2 months my mid life crisis has kicked in and I'm appreciating the beaurty of old steel frames. During that time I have picked up a 1987/8 repco olympic 12 in brilliant condition (originally from a local shop that I used to regularly go into in my late teens and drool over their bikes, given the age of it, theres a chance I may have seen that bike in the shop), a 1990 Repco Superlite horribly weathered and rusty and, 2 weeks ago a 1981 Bianchi (still trying to figure out what model it is)