Old 12-12-22, 09:31 PM
JulesCW 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 651 Times in 319 Posts
Originally Posted by daka
Going back to my earlier post, this is what really pisses me off. Heine now refers to "the Nivex" as though he invented it. What he has done is build a replica using modern "billet style" NC machining where you start with a bigger block of metal and create a lot of chips. No tooling, little craftsmanship, just programming and a big milling machine. Those of you that congratulate him for what he has done might not feel the same if he was plagiarizing your intellectual property.
I think the derailleur this is based on was patented in 1938 or so, French patents last for 20 years, and the company has been out of business for 50+ years. The creator of the original is long dead, the company is defunct, and if it were not the patent expired 60+ years ago... Just wondering if you rail against the injustice of Suntour seeing lots of adaptations of its innovations once their patents expired... The fact the Jan clearly gives credit to the original in many articles makes your claim that he's somehow pretending to have invented it a bit odd -- unless you think Jan thinks he's fooled us into thinking that he's actually a 120+ year-old French man... Hmmmm....

Likes For JulesCW: