Old 12-17-22, 10:38 AM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by Frkl
I don't know about that. It's hard not to have followed it. He is a salesman among many other things, and he has been broadcasting his sales pitch with fervor.

I think a lot of the comments here were actually informed by that and growing feelings that he is so seriously into it (and himself) that he can be hard to take seriously sometimes. Really do we need another scientistic post about rolling resistance and tire suppleness? Does he really believe himself when he calls an obviously derivative derailleur completely new, while at the same time he has bought the Nivex trademark? Did anyone else notice that?

At the same time, I am in awe of the guy. Does he need any sleep? Between his riding, his company, his books, his totally brand new derivative derailleur, he is certainly productive.
Bizzare attack without any foundation. Jan announced his new derailleur on his website which you need to be subscribed to receive a update. Didn't see the usual press releases and bs reviews on the marketing sites like Velonews, CyclingTips, Road, Bike Radar etc.

The C&V section is full of over the top illogical statements based on beliefs formed in peoples youths and being lived out in their old age why attack Jan?. He has played a key role in the the way we look at tires and tire width and believes in revisiting lessons learned in cycling's past and modernizing where applicable.