View Single Post
Old 12-20-22, 12:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsosborn
I have to agree. My Specialized Creo SL and Vado 5.0 SL and just over and just under 30 lbs, which is what most of my acoustic bikes weigh. They are just as easy to store and transport, and once I accept trains rather than airplanes to take them on trips, it's even easier. I did this 6 weeks last year, and expect about 6 weeks this year of combining Amtrak and biketouring.
Trains are the way to travel. Just got back from a longer Amtrak journey and loved it, though want to at some point take a bike but my e-bike is too unwieldy for travel like that and with all my luggage plus helping out with companion travelers it would be tough to manage a bike in all of that. I should probably get or build up a Brompton. I want to do that anyway for rare occasions I travel and can go cycling.

Iif your bikes all weigh around the same it doesn't change much but all of my non-electric bikes are lighter, my touring bike being about the same weight unladen as some of the lower spec or larger sized Creo SLs and probably lighter than the Vado SL but not by a ton. I know battery technology will get better and that will be the day we will have some really excellent super light stuff. I am curious about the ride of the new Fazua, I like the SL motors and probably will end up on one in the future but the Fazua 60 stuff on paper seems like a real winner. If they can do it in the U.S. with a 28mph motor and that battery size, color me sold however if not I don't want a 20mph thing unless I build a purely off road bike than that is fine.
Likes For veganbikes: