View Single Post
Old 12-24-22, 01:10 PM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 2,800 Times in 532 Posts
It doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, but I've cycled over 10,000 miles this year, which is only the 2nd time I've managed that, and as I was 50 this year it gives me hope there's still life in this old dog yet. To be honest nearing the target in the last few months has helped motivate me to get out in our crap UK winter weather and chase it down.

Sadly nearly all of those 10,000 miles have been in London, and while I've cycled across all 31 boroughs and discovered new unchartered to me parts of the city and seem lots of interesting things, like Python's Norwegian Blue I'm pining for fyords I am. As it turns out I've only managed one cycle trip out of London all year, which considering my mileage is a shocking realization, but the ride was a good one, a brief but brilliant ride around deserted and beautiful Mid Wales. With some steep hills and wild camping, it was only a few 100 miles away from where I live in London but it felt a world away, so that is easily and by default my ride highlight of the year. And I wrote about took pics at the time, here: Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Despite having nowhere near enough rural rides for my liking, on the bike front this year I've been very lucky to build up and ride 2 of my dream C & V steel rides, a MX Leader Eddy Merckx and a Columbus Max Somec, which definitely make it a year to remember.

Likes For botty kayer: