Old 01-02-23, 01:17 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5764 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,404 Posts
Not arguing against protected bike lanes, but this specific case doesn't make the best argument. They don't offer meaningful additional protection against drivers dumb, drunk, or uncaring enough to drive the wrong way on one ways, or on the wrong side of two way streets.

Some time back, someone (intentionally) drove up a divided bike land here in NYC and killed a few people.

As for the charge, I don't know the details, but at the least it should be negligent homicide regardless of what the driver thought. It's the OBLIGATION of drivers to KNOW what streets they're on. I say that as someone who has turned the wrong way on one ways is the past, but was able to react and correct before a collision. I have to wonder what that driver thought the bright white light in front of her was.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Likes For FBinNY: