Old 01-02-23, 09:25 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
We had 10 riders including two we picked up in the way. Scott, Filipe, Salvatore, Tee Phan, Me, Manny, and 4 others. Mitch Friedman from the FB page and Chuck were there to see us off. The parking lot was literally empty as the Aquatic Center was closed.

It was cloudy and partly sunny for most of the ride but after getting to Beantown, (now closed permanently 😢 ) after getting some pizza, clouds moved in from the north and mountains and it light rained for about 30 minutes. There are bathrooms at the Starbucks around the corner though.

The groups took off without me while I was in the bathroom, the fellow and GF we picked up decided to wait out the rain and stayed, I left in pursuit and picked up two young carbon riders along the way (turn out they were from Pomona and after chatting with us at the end they were heading back to Pomona - long round trip!) and rejoined the group.

Sunny at the end, we passed 6 Rose Parade floats being staged on the south end of the parking lot on the closed off street adjacent to the Rose Bowl, that was neat as I’ve never seen a Rose Bowl Float close up! Honda, NASCAR, Sunkist (I think) were among them. Sorry no pics of the floats as we were being hustled along by traffic control. It was getting crowded with onlookers too.

Scott’s Klein training bike

Vintage mixte

Manny’s Eddy Merckx

tmmnguyen’s Guerciotti

Filipe’s vintage Lygie

Last edited by mech986; 01-02-23 at 09:30 PM.
Likes For mech986: