Old 01-06-23, 12:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by bryroth
Answer me dammit
Seriously? You posted that? Such a good way to start out. Just chill out if someone doesn't answer right away give them some time don't complain and whine after 20 minutes. If you get no response in an active sub-forum in 2 weeks maybe say hey can anyone help and if not just move on or find another sub-forum to ask if one is relevant but demanding answers after 20 minutes is super silly. Go out and ride for a while and then come back.

Others might be curious so I will answer for their benefit.

The price for the bike if at 500 miles and is tuned up and ready to go is a great deal and the only hesitation I would have is complete lack of warranty and with Specialized they offer a lifetime warranty on their frames and forks and a 2 year on all the electrical components which can pay off quite quickly. However the bike is a great bike and the price is solid (assuming it fits) and someone buying that bike would likely love it.

Cheating implies you have set up a contest of some sort with rules that were agreed upon and you have now violated those rules. E-bikes aren't cheating unless used in a race where they are banned or something like that. If someone is enjoying their bike and you are enjoying yours it doesn't matter unless you have both agreed to some rules and one of you is violating them. I could say come up to you at a stoplight and say this isn't an e-bike and be dishonest and that is silly but without those rules being violated it is not cheating.

Some people may not love e-bikes because they haven't ridden them or at least haven't ridden one of quality. However that doesn't matter at all love whatever bikes you want and realize bikes are awesome (at least the decent quality ones) and just ride them and enjoy them and if you don't want an e-bike don't go for one but they are super popular amongst so many different people for so many different reasons being a stick in the mud these days doesn't make sense. Yes of course actual cheating as described above is wrong we know that but that is few and far between and honestly never bears on any discussion. All chess is bad because one guy put a vibrator up his poop chute to cheat or all road cycling is bad because for a time period most of the peloton was doing drugs.