Old 01-07-23, 06:41 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4399 Post(s)
Liked 1,556 Times in 1,021 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
I don't think it's bizarre that I simply stopped responding to you, when your initial entry into the thread ignored the majority of the data sets included by the Times author, as well as the links on things like bigger cars and SUV/truck things, in favor of some smaller portion of it about the Covid years . The data sets go all the way back to 1995, and there's a clear beginning to the rise in fatality stats here in America. Sometime around 2013 0r 2014, in America we started going back up in fatalities, and we've been diverging from the rest of the first world straight through 2022.

After responding to two or three of those, I quickly concluded you either did not read the article (maybe you lack access to the Times ?), or did not care to read and digest it, to focus on the points it makes. Anyway, here's another link, since someone brought up BEV's. It also makes some salient points about size and weight, and the way cars and trucks are marketed in the US that adds to this already significant problem. It's a cross post from another thread, on electric cars in the P+R.
No one said it is bizarre that you stopped responding. Where did you get that idea?

My initial post didn't "ignore" anything. I chose to respond to a portion of it, not as a negation of the rest or of the theme in general. Pointing out that Covid changed driving and biking in the US in a way different from Europe doesn't mean that I'm in denial the other points the article makes, or even that I disagree in general. So you're response as if I was arguing with the article and failing to even acknowledge the fact that there was a cycling and motor camping surge between 2020 and 2022 comes off as passive aggressive.