View Single Post
Old 01-07-23, 08:57 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by vonfilm
Professional downhill mountain bikes routinely reach 40 miles an hour and more. Bicycle road racing descents can reach 60 miles an hour. I was coasting downhill on city streets at over 30 mph earlier today. Last week an Onyx Ebike was going uphill right alongside my car at 45 mph uphill.

No one will force you to have a throttle on your bike.

It is not about what is needed. It is about what each individual wants to achieve.

Americans will not be content with being limited to Class I, II, III ebikes.
Yes during a race on a closed course with professionals. That has no bearing here. Going that fast on a local trail is wrong unless it is for motorcycles. Going downhill yes you can go fast we know that but doing that on bike paths and MUPs and things like that is also wrong. If you want to ride your motorcycle on the road at 60 miles an hour that is fine, it is a road go nuts but places specifically for pedestrians/bicycles don't need any sort of speed like that.

A throttled vehicle is not a bike it is called a moped. Mopeds are fine on the road but again not useful on MUPS and bicycle specific infrastructure, that is the reason people hate e-bikes is they conflate mopeds as e-bikes and then are mad when moped riders are on the paths.
Likes For veganbikes: