Old 01-10-23, 06:05 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,819 Times in 2,978 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
You can keep saying that, if that’s all you got. But it’s not really relevant. Do I have to have limited experience to think that they’re ugly? Inellelegant? Does my limited experience make them lighter than rim brakes? More aerodynamic? Does my limited experience apply to everything I’ve read about or heard from others, including shop personnel, about their finickiness? Occasional lack of modulation? I’ve already conceded they stop well, especially in the wet. And yet you’ve given me zero reason why they would be beneficial to me. Because, in fact, you have ZERO experience with my brakes.
There are people who "think" the earth is flat. The problem people are having with your summary of disc brakes is that it's totally biased and doesn't really stand up to any scrutiny from anyone with any significant experience with disc brakes.

That aside, nobody is trying to tell you that disc brakes would give YOU any significant advantage. But that doesn't mean you won't get called out for talking crap.