Old 01-10-23, 11:02 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
maybe you should be advertising these to the folks collecting the Herse's and Singers, who need a proper dynamo to finish off their bikes? I wonder where they hang out? I do love some of the old stylish headlights on some of those bikes!
I'm gonna guess the CABE is probably the best spot for that, but I'm a perpetually lurker at CABE, I've never signed up for an account. I think @juvela and a few others on here are CABE members though.

I've got a small number of old lights, including an old Schwinn dynamo set that someone gave me. My old Belt Beacon tail light, along with the Jos block dynamo, might be the only ones with any sort of emotional attachment. The rest need to find a new home. I'm guessing that their best future might be recycling.
There's always eBay ... there's always someone out there looking for stuff... you never know! If I can't eBay it, I donate to the local co-op.

My pile of old computers is modest, and mostly Avocets. I'm still using Avocets on my vintage bikes, so no plans to dump them yet. The contrast between a humble Avocet 20, with a single row of digits, and a modern Wahoo or Garmin is huge! While my friends are futzing around with their Garmins before a ride, and downloading their data after a ride, I just hold the two Avocet buttons and clear it. So simple, so small, so trouble-free (with the exception of the lousy sensor wiring).
I've been enjoying the CatEye "STRADA" wireless models. It seems to sorta hit that compromise between the feel of older computers, larger screen, no clumsy setup, just press and go. And no wires to deal with. Flexible enough. I think this is the exact one I'm using now ---- link. I got it on eBay for $12 shipped, I think? Gotta love no-reserve auctions!

Likes For francophile: