Old 01-13-23, 02:04 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3504 Post(s)
Liked 2,922 Times in 1,774 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
It soon became about disc brakes when a few people started slating them and even the entire industry. The first page was actually quite benign. A few people stated sensible reasons why they were staying with rim-braked bikes, without feeling a need to deride disc brakes and/or consumers for being taken in by the fashion.

Wolfchild stated that biking is now just a fashion industry and you actually agreed with him. Then a few posts later smd4 pops along to tell us that disc brakes are ugly, inelegant and have poor modulation. The responses are inevitable and then it becomes the usual rim vs disc brake trainwreck. 1989Pre came out with a few gems of ignorance - the lateral imbalance issue of disc brakes FFS.

If someone started a disc brake thread and then someone stated that rim brakes are outdated junk only for dinosaurs, you would rightly expect a similar backlash right? Except those threads don't appear to exist from what I've seen. Maybe I missed one?
SMH. "And then this kid came up and said my bike was ugly and we weren't even talking about him and then he said my hair looked like my mom cut it using a bowl and then he said my mom wears army boots. So I told him that his bike was ugly too that that his dad bought his suits off the rack. I had to say something, right?"