Old 01-19-23, 03:42 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Maddening problem with a Cateye CC-PA400B

Hi fellas it been a while. I am an extensive user of the Cateye CC-PA400B My three primary bikes are outfitted with this particular model and ordinarily I would not have any problems setting them up via Bluetooth using my cell phone (Galaxy S20). I run the cateye cycling app, turn on Bluetooth within the app, punch the menu button on the bottom of the unit (any of the three head units that I own) Follow the instructions that cateye has provided for pairing the head unit to the sensors and it is usually good to go .. Well this go around I'm having a bit of a problem. It all began with the setup on my Bianchi San Jose8, the batteries died so I replaced them. I then went through the procedure to get the head unit to re-detect the sensors; however, when I would go into devices in the app if the phone had the head unit actively detected, it then would not find any of the detected sensors. If I remove the sensors and have the phone re-detect them, the phone will find the sensor, and then what ever head unit I'm working with drops out and there no way to pair.

I then go back through the instructions and when the phone will find the head unit I go into devices and attempt pair to the sensor. When I do so the app reports that it can't find any new sensors. If I uninstall the sensor from out of the app it will re-detect the sensor no problem; however, as soon as it does the head unit drops out. Or if I attempt to get the head unit to detect again, the sensor drops out. Keep in mind before the battery went flat on this setup on this it was all working . The same with my two other bikes.

I've even tried a manual paring and my head units STILL can find the sensor; however, I am concerned that I might not be doing it right. When it does the "Ghost in the machine" on the pairing standby screen do you have to hold the "mode" button down or can you let it go until it detects the sensor on it own?

I'm also wondering if my dexcom sensor (Realtime Glucose monitoring for Diabetes) might be interfering with the pairing processes. It also happens to run on bluetooth and keep an open channel to the phone, but I'm baffled if it is also doing it on a manual pairing. Is there anyone out there who is having a similar issue?

Last edited by Sirrus Rider; 01-19-23 at 04:51 PM.