View Single Post
Old 01-20-23, 08:36 PM
rje58_too

Bikes: 2019 Trek FX2; 2011 Fuji Absolute 3.0; 1997 Trek 830 (converted to hybrid); 1992 Trek 800 Antelope

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 283 Posts
I'm truly sorry to learn about your health problems with your eyes. I wish you and full and speedy recovery! Keep us posted on your progress, please.

Originally Posted by MattTheHat
Well...I'm going to fall short for the month. I had laser surgery a couple of weeks ago for a torn retina. I had some additional symptoms last weekend so I bumped up my follow up visit a few days and went back in this past Monday. Partially detached retina in a slightly different area. Surgery on Tuesday AM. The surgeon said I could probably ride okay immediately with the procedure that was used, but out of an abundance of caution I asked if it wouldn't be better to stay off the bike and trainer until my follow up visit next Tuesday. He agreed. So I might sneak in a ride next Tuesday and or Wednesday or I might not. We're headed for England next Wednesday afternoon, so I'll have to be off the bike until the middle of February any way.

The weird vision in the affected eye would make riding on the road annoying if not ill-advised any way. Hopefully the eyesight gets better by then. If not it sounds like I have to wait an additional month or so before they remove the oil bubble they installed. Lots of fun.
Likes For rje58_too: