Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Bike Forum group ride

There was a suggestion in the "Knock, knock" thread that there should be a PNW Bikeforums ride. I have ~250 routes in RWGPS and have led many group rides with friends. Most of my routes start in Redmond, WA because I've found a large free parking lot that's 1/2 block from a good beer joint. These are usually Sunday rides. I'm having a health issue right now which I hope to be over and back in shape by say early June, so this is aspirational as of this date.

I ride a tandem with my wife and we are not fast, at least not anymore. Our team age will be 152 in June. We usually do 40-60 mile rides, 40'-50' of gain per mile, which is what the terrain around here does if we stay on rural roads as much as possible. We usually average ~13.5, so I'm used to posting more than one route for different speeds, starting and ending at the same place and hopefully at about the same time.

Anyone who's definitely interested should PM me their email addy.

And anyone who's also interested in leading a PNW ride, please post. I realize that Redmond is not the center of the world for very many people.

Anyone interested in participating in a ride wherever and of whatever difficulty, post your interest. We'll see what happens.