Old 01-27-23, 12:42 PM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked 626 Times in 400 Posts
I've been looking around for GB randonneur bars to replace the bent ones. I gave up and bought a yet of Sakae (sp?) from eBay, price OK, and I'll try to cover up the logo (perhaps a handlebar-mount water bottle cage?

Originally Posted by ascherer
Also, I've had good results using a dropout extender like the Wolf Tooth to coax a NR rear onto larger cogs.
I contacted Wolf Tooth about their RoadLink; they wanted to see a picture, I presume they do not know what a NR looks like. Then they replied that they cannot see any reason why it would not work (nor do I) but do not know if it's been tried with a "claw".

Originally Posted by daka
If you spray the paint into a cup (or even the cap to the spray can) it will start with very low viscosity which is good for wicking into shorelines.
5 MINUTES. That's how long it took the Rustoleum to eat through the bottom of a Solo cup and drop paint all over the floor. After cleanup, I grabbed the much thicker cap for the spray paint. 7 MINUTES is how long that lasted. After another cleanup, I think I need to find a metal container. BTW, no mater where you aim, spraying into a cup means major backsplash, so I smell a lot like mineral spirits right now. Anyway, I got part of the F&F touched up, color looks good, unsure of the # of coats to fill deeper chips yet and can I get the results sanded smooth without ruining the finish, or perhaps give up and leave them as-is.

Originally Posted by bertinjim
tiger1964- If you are looking for cloth bar tape that is lagoon blueish, try the Viva brand tape from Gran Bois in Japan. Ordering and shipping is easy and fast and the tape comes with white bar plugs in the package.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/385163398352...Bk9SR-TR1-C8YQ
I followed that link and it's a Gitane for sale. Anyway, did a Google search for "Viva Grand Bois" and found this: VIVA and I am not sure how much 1400 yen is, how much shipping might be, or how long to get. What was your experience like?

Originally Posted by steelbikeguy
holy cow! That is gorgeous!
Agreed! Lovely bike.