View Single Post
Old 03-10-06, 03:58 AM
AWOL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
these forums were always mellow, with people giving advice freely... it did change noticeably of late. thats all i will say on the matter.

i will get back on topic - and thx to those that did - the show.

the were also some cool recumbents around. super pricey even factory prices.

in folder world in terms of bikes and accessories the local taiwan guys really are pumping out product. oyama and their OE brand - FBI - was on display. again, look like copy dahons. its weird how these companies effectivley steal a patented thing like DFT and the like but dont take the time to spec the bikes. cheap crappy spec is really disappointing. when people cheap folders explode thx to bad spec will the entry level rider blame a pedal or a spoke? doubt it. i hope they are hooked enough to upgrade ot a nicer longer term bike and not be bummed on folders.

giant did indeed have some crazy looking bikes. in some ways they are pushing the design envelope, but to me, the deisgns are so funky that i think they are just high on their own success and being a little silly. the stairmaster bike was odd to say the least. they had one folder (no halfways anywhere) that was crazy complicated.

strida displayed their new 26" folder. again, lots of over-design but it did look (and feel) solid. i finally rode a strida... lets just say i wont be buying one!

none of the other 'big boys' were there...

the cool bikes for me were the 3G cruiser. no saddle and you pump your legs to move forward. fun stuff

back tomorrow for public day... lets see if i can sneak a peak at the dahon 16" commuter... one of the distributirs i spoke to said it was very nice. cool color options, small fold and looked good all round.

exciting stuff in our crazy little world!

Last edited by AWOL; 03-10-06 at 04:16 AM.