ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2789 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
It is what it is. I should have practiced taking the batteries out of the shifter, and I also should just change the shifter batteries automatically once a year. Had it not been dark and cold I would have prolly been able to swap batteries which would have helped me to get home. A guy on my race team said there’s a button you can push to shift it as well, not sure what he is talking about, then comes the app.

I’ve already expressed my fears over the app. Maybe they are unwarranted, but I know people on this site, and this very thread that got shafted by the app. In my cycling community I know people that got shafted. It was such a big deal Sram came to the LBS to talk about it.

It’s sounds like, if the app forces closes during an update then you have turned your groupset into a paper weight. People that I talked to who had this happen claim they didn’t close the app, and didn’t see the app close.

I have apps force close on my phone and Ipad all the time, so that’s unsettling.

Shimano Di2 is the same btw. If the app closes during an update you are ducked.
Mine did not force close. It just did not complete the update and suffered memory corruption. That is on the force axs groupset. My e Tap set has been just fine. The shifter battery's last 3 years or so. Don't do it outside the screws are incredibly small.