View Single Post
Old 02-02-23, 02:22 PM
CyclingFool95 

Bikes: 1987 Pinarello Montello, 1996 Litespeed Classic, 1996 Colnago Master Light, 1997 Litespeed Ultimate, 2006 Opera Leonardo FP, 2006 Pinarello Paris FP, 1984 Pinarello Record, 89-ish Cornelo Profilo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts
87 Professional SLX

I know this is an old thread but it came up in my google search for an 87 catalog. Beautiful bike OP - hope you're still enjoying the ride.

I've wanted one of these for years also and today I got one. In '92 I bought an '87 Pinarello Montello on the advice of a friend with a De Rosa. I've been looking in earnest for one in my size for quite a while - red one with flat crown and some nice pantographing (if you can't ride fast you need to look good riding slow) - this one came along so I jumped on it (my wife was fairly tolerant as I unboxed it this morning) .My new frame looks to be identical to the OPs. At first I was concerned about the sharp-ish edges on the stays but now I see those are the diamante ones (kept reading about them but didn't know what that really meant from a design standpoint).

Likes For CyclingFool95: