Old 02-05-23, 02:04 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,724 Times in 1,005 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
In my experience they have a shelf life of roughly 9 months if you sweat. I’m never ordering another Wahoo.

Yea this one is a couple of years old and up until say, 7 or 8 months ago, worked flawless. Then I started getting these weird reading, where it would start at 225 right off the bat. I replaced the battery, and updated the firmware and that seem to correct the issue for a short spell, but I started to have issues where it would not connect, or my Stages bike, would not recognize it, but the Wahoo app saw it. Neither my Wahoo or Garmin head unit would pick it up, so I deleted it, re-install it, stuff would start working again. Then yesterday, after I have been sick for the past week, I thought, I feel much better, let me do a 5 mile course on my Stages bike to see what my body is going to tell me, and this stupid thing does not read it. I basically ripped it off, tossed in the trash can and placed my order for my Garmin strap which I received about 2 hrs ago which gets recognized by everything.

I had a early generation Garmin strap for 10 to 12 years, that worked like a champ until it did not, but I had won a Wahoo Elemnt v1 and HR in a raffle, so I figure, no need to buy a new Garmin strap, this Wahoo works great, live and learn. As I was researching the issues through the months, I was not impressed with what I was seeing about Wahoo's newer generation HR. So yea, I will stick with Garmin until they become unreliable.