Old 02-06-23, 08:05 AM
Fergp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravelmark
Fergp I know this is an old thread, but tandem electronic shifting information is kind of slim and un organized. I would like to take our Cannondale Tandem (2009 model) to a 2x electronic shifting system and tried to look at your photos but the links don't work any longer.
Could you share them again and possibly update your build list from the below?
• I built the configuration around the 11-40 XT Shimano cassette since it is one the few 11 speed cassettes that work with a 10 speed wheel. This bike has DT Swiss 540 hubs and can't use a normal 11 speed road cassette.

• I used a Wolf Tooth Road Link to extend the Ultegra 6870 GS rear derailleur to 40 tooth capacity.
• I moved the 52 tooth chainring to the middle position and found a 38 tooth 74 BCD chainring on eBay to replace the granny gear. I then added a chainring guard to the outer position to make it look cool!
• I added the D-Fly DI2 wireless module, so I see the current gear selection on my Garmin display. The Garmin also shows the DI2 battery charge level and pops up a warning when the charge goes below 20%.
A lot has changed since I did this conversion! My Cannondale tandem is now an "E-Tandem" with a Bafang 500 watt mid-drive motor. (My wife and I are a lot older and need help on the hills!) I still have the Di2 rear derailleur, but the double crank is now the mid-drive motor.
I found some old photos in my Google photo archive.
Hope this link works for you.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6FG4ir6aAWvqpSeAA