Old 02-08-23, 01:24 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4741 Post(s)
Liked 3,860 Times in 2,509 Posts
I had Ed Litton, then working for Eisentraut, do a similar straightening of my original Mooney fork. (Left blade saw less damage, the right more.) I wasn't willing to make that a long term rider as I had a fork fail on me recently enough to make me quite gun shy so I had Peter Mooney make me another. (I'd also seen that, given how I was riding the bike, a fork with thinner, more flexible blades would serve me better.) A year later, the bare steel fork came from Peter and I had Ed paint it and the frame at his brand new shop. (For my weight and riding - and not doing the touring I thought I might do; hence the stiffer blades on the original - the new fork was sweet! And by now, that original would have had nearly 40,000 miles after that crash. Instead it served me well for 2k, then enjoyed retirement.)

Edit: the post Ed Litton straightened fork road no-hands just fine. The guy's good. It was fun watching him.