View Single Post
Old 02-09-23, 07:15 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
The long sleeve hi-viz T arrived and I've worn it twice. It is exactly the same weight and material as the dark long-sleeve shirt it replaces. On yesterday's ride home it was warm enough that I wore my long pants, wicking short T, new long T and new wind breaker. It felt the same as the previous set-up. The previous ride I had substituted a long-sleeve turtleneck for the Magic Liz shirt and it was not quite warm enough in the morning and just a little too warm in the afternoon.

Sunday, I rode a slightly longer 8-mile ride to brunch in street clothes, which I almost never do. Cotton T, Cotton sweatshirt, jeans and a light cotton jacket. It was okay on the way there when it was about 48F. On the way home it was 62F and I rode in just jeans and a cotton T.

I took it easy so as not to get sweaty, but when I got home I was a little moist and uncomfortable. I guess I just run hot. I spent my childhood riding around in jeans and a cotton t-shirt. I definitely prefer poly, or poly-blend active-wear now, and shorts whenever possible.